Saturday, November 28, 2009

National Novel Writing Month...

...is November and I've been writing my chubby little fingers to the bone.

Three days left and I'm at 44K. I want to get to 50K today - which may not be the end of the book.
You see, I have another book waiting for me - not one in my head - one sitting on the chest that serves as my coffee table and too-be-read-stack holder. It's 1000+ pages: Under the Dome - King's new tome.

My book? It's tentatively title Prophecy. It's about a woman, Kate Riley, who has been reincarnated for centuries, a Wise Woman who holds the secrets of the Old Ways but who, in this life, doesn't know it -- yet. Soon she has to realize that she is one of the many women throughout the world who were chosen hundreds of years ago -- women chosen to live many lives until the time comes when the human race no longer has it's technology and needs to return to the Old Ways. That time is soon coming - 12-21-12. Kate is a scientist and doesn't believe in ancient prophecies and Patrick Brendan, the man who's followed her and protected her throughout all her lifetimes, has to show Kate her destiny. But Patrick is hiding his own secret. He is a werewolf, the way he's been able to guard Kate for hundreds of years. Will Patrick divulge his secret to make Kate believe in her destiny? And would Kate be able to love him, knowing what he is?

No comments:

Post a Comment